The DCLG has today provided a written ministerial statement on the private rented sector setting out measures including
• A code of practice for management of property in the PRS
• Review of repair and safety standards with a view to new enforcement powers against landlords
• A Tenants’ Charter setting out tenants rights and obligations
• A model tenancy agreement with suggested standard clauses
• Further working towards the compulsory redress schemes.
The aims are to ensure that tenants get a better deal; to support good landlords; to take action against rogue landlords; to increase the supply of rented housing.
The statement can be read here.